We constantly strive to provide the best possible service to you, our customer and business partner. To achieve this type of service level, we occasionally need information about you when you visit our site.
Universal Sewing Supply, Inc., respects your right to privacy. When you visit Universal, you may be providing information about your visit to us in the following ways:
- Personal information you knowingly give us by filling out forms at our site
- Statistics collected as you browse the site
The following is a brief explanation of how we handle this information.
At Universal, you may give us personal information either on-line or off-line in order to register, place an order or to purchase products. This personal information may include your name, company name, phone number, fax number, email address, postal code, user ids, credit card information as well as additional information that you provide to us.
- Sell, rent or release any Personal information such as names, addresses, contact information, email addresses and preferences of our customers to any company, business, or firm, etc. Your information is held in the strictest confidence.
- Collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us by filling out our forms or somehow provide this information in written or verbal form.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of all personal information provided to us. We may have to reveal customer information to comply with the law or authorities with whom we are legally required to cooperate. Universal Sewing Supply, Inc., may disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of law or comply with legal process served upon Universal Sewing Supply, Inc., or the site.
- Safeguard all customers information from unauthorized access. Once your information reaches us, it resides on a server that is guarded by an electronic firewall and only authorized Universal Sewing Supply, Inc. personnel may access database information.
- Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide products and services to meet your needs.
By registering as a Customer at Universal Sewing Supply, Inc., any information you provide to us during registration is held strictly confidential. We also use the email address provided by you to communicate with you and improve the content of our website, customize the content and/or layout of our site for each individual visitor, send your our newsletter and notify you about updates to our website.
Universal Sewing Supply is not responsible for any duties, taxes or other non-routine customs brokerage charges for goods leaving the U.S.
Universal Sewing Supply, Inc. uses industry standard secure server software. Should you provide us with sensitive information for any reason, such as a credit card number, that information will be encrypted with industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers.
As you browse the site, Universal Sewing Supply, Inc. collects information about your visit (not about you personally) via web server logs. This is used to monitor statistics such as:
- How many people visit
- Which pages people visit
- The length of a visit to our service
- Domains from which people visit our site
- Domains to which people exit our site
- States from which people visit
- Countries from which people visit
- Types of browser's people use to visit
- Information such as the above that helps us maintain our server
As we gather this information, please understand that none of it is associated with you as an individual. We use these statistics to improve our Web site, monitor performance, and to make it easier for you and other visitors.
As a visitor to Universal Sewing Supply, Inc., you may be directed to other sites outside the Universal Sewing Supply, Inc., service through links posted at our site. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. Universal Sewing Supply, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy policies or other practices of such sites.